Dawn Christadelphian Publications
Originally called the Dawn Book Supply, we originated in Bristol in 1941, later moving to London and then in 1986 to Nottingham. Our most recent move was to Carlton in 2012.
From our Carlton office we distribute new and second-hand books and publications throughout the world.
We are part of a religious group called the Dawn Christadelphians and have members in Australia, Africa, The Caribbean, America, Canada, New Zealand and others. A large proportion of our members and students do not have the financial ability to afford the books and literature they need for their Bible studies. Through the sale of second-hand and new publications we can support those who cannot afford these resources.
Free leaflets, booklets, Bibles and Light Bible magazines are supplied to any who wish to understand more of what the Bible actually says and discover the true gospel message.
Our aim is to help you find your way around the Bible and to discover its amazing message of hope, rather than the confusing and inaccurate message taught by many religious groups.
If you already belong to a religious organisation you may find our literature challenging to your beliefs. But we hope you will thoroughly examine the Bibles message in the light of our literature and not simply dismiss it before you have compared its teaching to the Biblical record.
We are happy to discuss the Bibles message and help you with any questions you may have about its message.
The office is open on Monday’s and Fridays from 10am to 4pm, feel free to drop in.
Also, we run a Bible study centre on the second weekend of each month. The office will be open on the Saturday between 10am and 4pm, with specific Bible study sessions at 11am and 2pm. There is no need to register for these sessions.
Once a quarter we hold a Book Sale – This is usually on the third Saturday of January, April, July and October. This sale is for both general non-fiction books and religious books.
**We also collect used postage stamps, the sale of which helps fund overseas preaching work.**
Dawn Christadelphian Publications 5 Station Road Carlton Nottingham NG4 3AT tel. 0115 961 2624 email. firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are the Dawn Christadelphians?
The Christadelphians, "Brothers and Sisters in Christ", are a body of Bible believing people, who aim to live by faith in Jesus Christ, according to the teaching of his followers from the first century AD, finding their instruction in a wholly inspired Bible. Central to Christadelphian belief is that Christ will one day return to the Earth to establish the Kingdom of God and grant eternal life to his people - those who have tried to follow him and God. What Christadelphians Believe gives an introduction to each of the key areas of Christadelphian belief. Although you may disagree with some of the points made here you will see that all Christadelphian beliefs are firmly rooted in the Bible.
What Christadelphians believe.
The fundamental Christadelphian beliefs are:
- The Bible is God's word and the only message from him. It is without error, except for copying and translation errors. (2 Timothy 3:16, Hebrews 1:1).
- There is only one God - the Father. The Holy Spirit is God's power. (John 17:3, Luke 1:35, Deuteronomy 6:4).
- Jesus is the Son of God, and also the son of a human being, his mother Mary, so making him Son of Man.(Matt 16:13)
- Jesus was tempted just like us because of this. But Jesus was not just a great man, he was the Son of the Most High God, and was perfect. (Luke 1:30-31, John 3:18).
- Man is mortal, having no existence when dead. (Psalm 6:5, Isaiah 38:18, Acts 2:29,34)
- By living a sinless life, ending with his sacrificial death by crucifixion, Jesus has opened the way of salvation from death. (Hebrews 4:15, 1 Corinthians 5:7, 1 Corinthians15: 20-23, Galatians 3:27-29)
- Belief is essential for salvation. Baptism is a necessary public declaration of our dedication to be a follower of Jesus (Mark 16:16.)
- God raised Jesus from death. Jesus is currently in Heaven, on God's right hand. He will one day return. (Acts 10:40, Romans 8:34, Acts 1:11)
- When Jesus returns, he will raise his "sleeping" followers from death and grant immortality to the faithful who have tried to live by God's precepts. (1 Corinthians 15:20-22)
- His followers will help him to rule, bringing justice, righteousness and peace to the whole world - the Kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 15:23-26)